Kiwanis International is a “family” of organizations that focuses on teaching young children about the responsibilities of good citizenship, community service and building future leaders.
The Kiwanis Club of Geneseo sponsors two youth clubs:
- Key Club at Geneseo High School
- Builders Club at Geneseo Middle School
Our sponsored youth groups independently initiate service projects and community service activities throughout the school year. Our club works through an adviser in each youth organization to coordinate our participation with their activities or to have them work with us on major service programs and fund raisers.
We are so proud of our youth groups and their accomplishments which make our community a much better place to live. The activities listed below are a small portion of the many projects they are involved in:
- Key Club Activities Include:
- Pumpkin painting for Hospital Longterm Care
- Walking dogs at the animal shelter
- Raking leaves
- Making cards for hospitals, nursing homes and military
- Geneseo Christmas Walk
- Attending Kiwanis meetings and fundraising events
- Helping with Brantley Francis Foundation events
- Spirit Night at the basketball game
- Making tied blankets for area nursing homes
- Some of our fundraisers include football cleanup, selling bandanas/suckers/school spirit items, Bowling, Spike It Up, homecoming shirt sales, etc.
- In the spring, Key Club members attend the Eastern Iowa/Illinois district convention.
- Builder’s Club Projects include:
- Visit and play games with residents of Geneseo Village
- Help residents at Hammond Henry extended care pass out candy to trick or treaters.
- Sponsor a family by buying Christmas presents.
- In May, we provide pie to the faculty during Teacher Appreciation week.
- We make money through the Middle School volleyball concession stand.
- Provide support/thank you’s for first responders and farmers.
To find out more about the activities of our youth groups, contact the current club liaison as listed below: